Ph: 061 364114
1804c It is probable that the building was built about 1804, when the old Bunratty Bridge was first completed. It was part of the Bunratty Castle Estate, which at different periods, belonged to the O’Brien, Amory Studdert & Russell families. It was used initially as a grain store & fronted on to Bunratty Fairgreen. 1825c Lease of the building taken by Charles Bianconi (1786-1875), an Italian born businessman, who successfully set up a nationwide horse drawn coach network. Bunratty was a stop on the Limerick/Ennis route. 1870c With the arrival of railways, Bianconi’s business declined, eventually ceasing completely & the coach stop building was again used as a grain store. 1927The premises was leased by Mr. Russell, the owner of Bunratty Castleto The Bunratty Creamery Co-Op, the chairman being Rev. Fr. Wallace.The first manager was PJ Cahill. 1942The Russell Family renewed the lease to the co-op, John Leahy was appointed manager.